Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution includes saving and/or sharing specific web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a look at them. Thus, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to run a web site, mail accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some hosts, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file hosting plans often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the tasks at hand between separate stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share an immense amount of pics with chums or acquaintances since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your email address accounts. Some vendors offer web space hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to get a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred web site visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to run as many videos as you would like without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a website. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and mail aliases, upload video files, etc. At Papua Web Hosting, for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for specific content only.